Liquitex Crackle Paste 237ml
This Liquitex Crackle Paste can be used on its own or mixed with colour to create a structurally stable crackle effect on rigid surfaces. It maintains paint adhesion, durability, archival quality, and dries to a hard, opaque finish.
- This medium creates a crackled texture as it dries on rigid surfaces.
- It dries to a hard, opaque finish.
- It also maintains paint adhesion, durability, and archival quality.
- It can be used on its own and painted over once dry.
- It can be mixed with acrylic colour, using no more than 15% paint to 85% medium.
- Apply the paste evenly to the surface with a palette knife and leave to dry for at least 24 hours before painting over.
- Cracking will vary depending on how thickly you apply it; the effects will be more obvious on thicker applications but will take longer to dry.
- When using on wood, seal with a base layer of fluid/gel medium and let dry before Crackle Paste application.
- The recommended thickness for crackling effect is between 5 and 10 mm.
- The medium is lightfast and archival, non-yellowing, and water-resistant when dry.
- It is flexible and non-cracking, as well as permanent.
- It is fully compatible with all Liquitex products.